Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Engaged.

First of all, I'm sorry that I haven't posted anything since December. I know my 3 loyal followers are highly disappointed in my lack of posting.

Secondly, in case you live under a rock and haven't seen my flood of pictures - I got engaged this past weekend! The full proposal story is coming later - I need Scott to write up his contributing part to the story first. So, sorry - that's not what you're getting here.

I just need to tell you that being engaged is weird and is a flood of all kinds of emotions. Let me just fill you in on what my life has been like since Friday morning, the day of the proposal.

That day I woke up thinking, "It COULD happen today. No, it won't. But maybe... No. He won't propose today. But what if he does? What should I wear just in case? Don't get your hopes up. Don't get mad at him or be too sad if it doesn't happen today."


Then throughout the entire day, I was just totally clueless. Scott was freaking out on the inside and I had no idea what was going on.


Then we get to the proposal site and I still have no clue what's going on and I'm yelling at Scott that we can't just help ourselves to walk around the place! And then... it donned on me.

  

Then I was full of a whole flood of emotions - joy, surprise, shock, awe. I couldn't believe he successfully pulled one over on me. And the moment couldn't have been more perfect.

  

And since that day, I find myself crying all the time, gushing, smiling constantly... it's seriously so weird.


And I'm also freaking out that I now have to start making all these decisions. You know how I am about making decisions.


The best though is when you forget for a brief moment that you are engaged and then your sparkly ring catches your eye....


Sorry - I got distracted for a minute there.

No, but seriously -  being engaged is the greatest. And not to get too sappy here but I absolutely cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with Scott. He's my best friend and I can't ask for anything better than that. We're so happy and we're so grateful for all of the love and support and congratulations we've received in the past couple days.

 





1 comment:

  1. YAY!! I am so happy and excited for y'all! Marriage is the BEST!! Still waiting for that phone call… ;)

    ReplyDelete